BOOK CHAPTERS & OTHER SCHOLARLY WORKS
- Whicher, D., Ahmed M., Siddiqi S., Adams I., Grossmann C., and Carman, K. Editors. 2020. Health Data Sharing to Support Better Outcomes: Building a Foundation of Stakeholder Trust. NAM Special Publication. Washington, DC: National Academy of Medicine.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2020). Life Cycle Decisions for Biomedical Data: The Challenge of Forecasting Costs. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/25639 (consensus study report).
- Michelle N. Meyer (2019). Research ethics issues raised in collecting and maintaining large scale, sensitive online data, https://issod-proceedings.github.io/resources/meyer.pdf, 1-23 (commissioned white paper for Sloan Foundation-funded workshop)
- Michelle N. Meyer, Ethical Considerations When Companies Study—and Fail to Study—Their Consumers, CAMBRIDGE HANDBOOK OF CONSUMER PRIVACY (Jules Polonetsky, Omer Tene & Evan Selinger eds., Cambridge U. Press 2018) (SSRN) (preprint)
- Michelle N. Meyer, Three Challenges for Risk-Proportionate (Research) Regulation: Heterogeneity Among Regulated Entities, Regulator Bias, and Stakeholder Heterogeneity, in THE FUTURE of HUMAN SUBJECTS RESEARCH REGULATION (I. Glenn Cohen & Holly Fernandez Lynch eds., MIT Press 2014) (SSRN) (MIT) (Amazon)
- David Lazer & Michelle N. Meyer, DNA and the Criminal Justice System: Consensus and Debate, in DNA and the CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM: THE TECHNOLOGY of JUSTICE 357 (David Lazer ed., MIT Press 2004) (SSRN) (Amazon)
- Michelle N. Meyer, Summary of Presentations on Religious Perspectives Relating to Research Involving Human Stem Cells, May 7, 1999, in 1 ETHICAL ISSUES IN HUMAN STEM CELL RESEARCH 99 (National Bioethics Advisory Commission ed., 1999) (SSRN)
- John C. Fletcher, Michelle N. Meyer & Brian Wispelwey, AIDS and Ethics: Clinical, Social, and Global, in TEXTBOOK of AIDS MEDICINE 951 (Thomas C. Merigan et al. eds., 2nd ed. 1999)
- John C. Fletcher, Michelle N. Meyer & Howard P. Gutgesell, Ethical Issues in Diagnosis and Treatment of Fetal and Neonatal Cardiac Disease, in FETAL ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY 375 (Darla B. Hess & L. Wayme Hess eds., 1998)